Alianza Metropolitan News
Founded in 1986, Alianza Metropolitan News provides enlightening and practical information for the readers. Alianza News is a community newspaper and 100% Hispanic owned publication.
Alianza News produce bi-lingual (Spanish and English) content to serve the different Latino generations. Alianza News reaches San Jose and San Francisco, the largest hispanic markets. Editorially, Alianza covers local, state, national news; education, politics, immigration, health, sports and entertainment related to the Latino community as well as Latinos issues around the world.
For Alianza News is imperative that their readers stay well informed, get education and participate in politics. For its coverage in last past 6 years, Alianza News is recognized with 19 awards for excellence in journalism.
- 2006 Gold Award, NAHP: Outstanding Journalism
- 2006 Bronce Award, NAHP: Editorial Column
- 2007 Bronce Award, NAHP: Excellence in Journalism
- 2007 Silver Award, NAHP: Editorial Column
- 2008 Gold Award, NAHP: General Excellence in Journalism
- 2008 Bronze Award, NAHP: Editorial Column
- 2009 Gold Award, NAHP: General Excellence in Journalism
- 2009 Gold Award, NAHP: Editorial Column
- 2009 Gold Award, NAHP: Education article
- 2010-2011 Alianza did not contest in those years